In many dental procedures, zirconia has been used, as it helps in providing superior solutions. Zirconia is used in various forms, such as zirconia-based dental posts, Zirconia-based crown and bridge, and Dental Zirconia blocks. Dental Zirconia block has increasingly become the choice for many dentists, as it provides the most technologically advanced metal-free restorations.
Why is Dental Zirconia Block used in the dentist industry?
Dental Zirconia Block is translucent, metal-free, 100% biocompatible, extremely durable, and bonds well with your teeth. These reasons make zirconia most popular in the dentist field, and even though the price is slightly high, most dentist and the patient prefer this.
The dental zirconia block is made of crystalline oxide form of zirconium, and it consists of a metallic atom in the crystal but is never considered a metal. Because of its durable and biocompatible properties, surgeons or doctors use dental zirconia block in various prostheses. Even it is used in implants as it is considered the most robust material.
Even though numerous products are used in the dental industry, the dental zirconia block is most famous among the dentist and patients, as it is manufactured using the high-tech development. Also, it is approved by national agencies. Also, these blocks have undergone some purity test, to make sure that it is completely safe to use.
Dental zirconia block is a high-quality product, and also it makes the tooth more durable and natural. Once the product is implanted inside the patient, it will give a good shelf life to the product. The most important features of this product are it can possess any natural color reappearance, and also it can match any size and shape.
The other important benefits of this dental zirconia block are it will reduce the pre-drying time and improve the visual impression during the dyeing time.
Here are some important points which will let you know how Zirconia block is used in the dental industry;
- The selection of the right dental zirconia blocks is essential, as it will determine the crown or bridge’s size and shape. These blocks will be fixed on the milling machine and then scanned using the CAM/CAD scanner.
- The next step is setting the parameters, as mentioned in the shrinkage co-efficient of the zirconia blocks. Then. then thee experts will do the milling
- the Expert will insert the milling products into the sintering furnace, and once the sintering is done, the product is completed, and you can insert this in the patient’s mouth for oral well-being.
- Cosmetic dentistry restoration requirement: People love the move-star of shinning teeth, the 3D multilayer dental zirconia block, and the profession of Ivoclar Vivadent Bleach BL Shade of dental zirconia can be achieved the perfect smile need. Based on the dentistry cosmetic restoration, there is no process of liquid coloring anymore.
- Feature of 3D multilayer dental zirconia block
Characterization of dental blocks:
- Dental Zirconia blocks are considered the restorative dental materials as it has high mechanical properties.
- These blocks consist of some unique properties such as phase transformation, high-strength, high fracture resistance, and mainly controlled by the manufacturing process.
- The zirconia block’s unique feature is that it has the specification to work over metal framework and alumina.
- In some cases, the metal framework is used in the zirconia. Still, it has certain limitations as it comes with aesthetic appearance because it is absent in translucent, so Zirconia can’t be used in places where a clear tooth needs to be reproduced.
These are the characterization of the Zirconia blocks, and also, these blocks were introduced as they can solve the problem of the brittleness of alumina. Even it has minimized the potential failure of the implants. The framework used in the dental industry is made by grinding these zirconia blocks and followed by the fabrication process.
Types of Zirconia blocks used in the crown:
- Solid Zirconia
Solid Zirconia is the toughest material compared to the high-translucent zirconia, and also, it can withstand the chewing force and bruxism force better.
Solid Zirconia blocks are mostly used for the root canal treated teeth, as they will help the other teeth by offer greater support. As it is opaque, it will be suitable for the posterior or back teeth.
- High-translucent Zirconia
This high-translucent zirconia can be used as a superior tooth as it will match your natural color of the teeth. When compared to other dental blocks, this block has more strength but not more than solid zirconia. In the case of orthodontic treatment or alignment of teeth, the dental zirconia block is not used.
Pros and Cons:
- Zirconia comes with superior looks, as it is naturally white. Also, it can adjust to any shade so that it will match your teeth.
- Dental Zirconia Block is translucent, so it helps to mimics the translucency of your natural teeth.
- Zirconia gives you confidence while smiling, as it doesn’t have any metal lining over the gums. Also, it doesn’t fuse with any metallic components.
- This zirconia block comes 100% biocompatible so that it won’t react, and there will be no allergic reaction.
- Compared to the other material, Zirconia is the strongest, so it will withstand any wear and tear. Also, it has high flexural strength, as it can tolerate the chewing and biting force.
- Zirconia has high adherence to your teeth so that it will make a good bonding with your teeth.
- Zirconia block will be the best option for those who don’t like metal, as Zirconia doesn’t contain any metallic components.
- Some dental zirconia blocks will be opaque, so They won’t naturally match them with the teeth.
- Also, if zirconia is used for the implants, then its hardness property may cause wear and tear in other teeth
Cost of the dental zirconium block:
The cost of dental zirconia blocks varies depending on the use and procedure. Even other factors like the size of the tooth or crown also impact the cost of the zirconia. But compared to the other dental blocks, zirconia will be slightly expensive because of its unique properties, and also, it is worth investing in the dental zirconia blocks.