What is all porcelain tooth
All-ceramic teeth are porcelain restorations that cover the entire crown surface and do not contain metal inner crowns. Because it is made of high-strength porcelain material close to the color of the teeth, it is more beautiful than metal-based porcelain restorations. The translucency is similar to natural teeth. After restoration, the gingival edge behaves more naturally, which can achieve the simulation effect, and has a peripheral No tissue irritation, etc.
How long can it be used to set an all-ceramic tooth
Generally speaking, all-ceramic teeth are roughly divided into two categories: glass-ceramic all-ceramic teeth and alumina and zirconia all-ceramic teeth.
① Glass ceramic all-ceramic teeth. Such as: hot die-casting ceramic crowns, glass infiltration ceramic crowns, and glass ceramic crowns finished by CAD/CAM technology.
②Alumina and zirconia all-ceramic teeth. Alumina and zirconia inner crowns are polished by applying CAD/CAM technology, and then outer layer decoration porcelain is added by layered ceramic stacking technology to make completed all-ceramic teeth or full zirconium crowns without outer decoration porcelain.
No matter what kind of all-ceramic teeth, the common feature is that the material is strong and stable, plus the strict standard operation of professional physicians, the life of all-ceramic teeth is longer than that of ordinary porcelain teeth. Some data show that about 65% of all porcelain teeth can be used for more than 20 years. If you take care of them normally, the life of all porcelain teeth will be longer.
What factors affect the life of all-ceramic teeth?
1. Material of all-ceramic teeth. In terms of subdivision, there are also many materials for all-ceramic teeth. Different material characteristics and prices will be different. Generally speaking, the more expensive ones must be used for a longer time. However, it should not be too absolute. The one that suits you is the best, and it is determined to eliminate inferior all-ceramic teeth.
2. Doctor’s operation level and technique. After all, materials are one thing, and doctors’ operations are equally important, so we often say that you must choose a regular medical institution for dental surgery, and find a professional dentist with excellent clinical experience and the most reliable.
3. The patient’s own dental conditions. If the patient’s own teeth belong to the type with less defects and less inflammation, then generally it will take longer after all-ceramic teeth are made.
4. Daily use and care.
In daily use, drinking porridge every day and biting bones with it must be different. Even our own teeth should be avoided from excessive wear, not to mention all-ceramic teeth, so some improper dental habits of users must be Correction, such as: opening a wine bottle, tearing the packaging bag, nibbling nuts, etc., should you use tools to use tools.
In addition, the usual cleaning care should also be in place. Brushing your teeth at least twice a day cannot be saved. Regular oral maintenance (such as tooth cleaning, oral examination, etc.) is essential to maintain periodontal health and create a healthy and clean oral cavity. The service life of all-ceramic teeth plays a key role.
Of course, you don’t need to overdo it to maintain oral health. For example: brushing your teeth too hard, flossing, interdental brushing, water flossing, mouthwash, etc. are frequently used.
Which tooth condition is suitable for all-ceramic tooth restoration
1. Yellow teeth and black teeth: This type of person includes tetracycline teeth, fluorosis teeth, dead pulp teeth and other types of dental diseases.
2. Abnormal tooth development: For abnormal tooth development, such as too small teeth, wide tooth gaps, individual teeth unevenness, enamel hypoplasia, etc., the tooth shape and color can be restored to the ideal state after all-ceramic restoration .
3. Dental caries or large tooth defects: the teeth are discolored to gray or yellowish-brown, and the aesthetic and chewing functions need to be restored through all-ceramic tooth surgery.
4. Restoration after dental treatment: Many dental problems will be left after dental treatment. For example, after dental pulp treatment, it is easy to cause discoloration of the tooth, loss of supplementary material and tooth fracture. The use of all-ceramic full crown restoration can be avoided.
5. Broken teeth or residual tooth roots due to trauma: If the tooth roots have sufficient length and the periodontal conditions are better, after complete root canal treatment, all-ceramic teeth can be repaired.
6. Inserting missing teeth: For the missing teeth, use the teeth around the missing teeth as the retention teeth, plus the missing teeth to connect the all-ceramic crown together, and fix it on the retention teeth, you can insert the restoration Missing teeth.
Why do many doctors recommend CAD CAM dental zirconia teeth
1. High density and high strength
Although there is no metal support, the zirconia full ceramic teeth have higher strength, dense edges and high precision.
① has a very high bending strength, the current strength of materials registered have reached 900MPa, while the medical standard for dental materials is 100MPa.The asethetic anteior veneer dental zirconia reaches to 700MPa.
② Because of its strength advantages, the doctor does not need to grind the patient’s real teeth too much.
2. Good aesthetic effect
All-ceramic teeth have a color similar to natural teeth. It has good biocompatibility, does not stimulate oral tissues, and is easy to clean. It can restore the function of teeth and have a cosmetic effect.
The most important thing is that all-ceramic teeth have good transparency and refractive properties, and no black lines appear on the tooth neck, so that the tooth neck can also achieve a good aesthetic effect, which is unmatched by metal porcelain teeth.
3. Strong reliability
No metal odor, it will quickly produce micro-oxidized film when contacting with air, water or any other electrolyte, not only to avoid metal corrosion, but also to prevent the generation of metal odor.
In addition, the non-metallic zirconium dioxide has no obstruction to the X-ray. Inlaying the zirconium dioxide porcelain teeth will not affect the imaging when the head X-ray, CT, and MRI are done in the future. There is no need to remove the denture. Go a lot of trouble.
4. Good biocompatibility
Zirconium dioxide is an excellent high-tech biomaterial with good biocompatibility and superior to various metal alloys, including gold. Zirconium dioxide has no irritation and no allergic reaction to the gums, so it is suitable for use in the oral cavity, avoiding the allergic, irritation, corrosion and other adverse reactions caused by metals in the oral cavity.
It can be said that apart from the expensive ones, compared with other similar repair methods, there are basically no other shortcomings. Therefore, porcelain teeth made of zirconium dioxide materials are currently called the best domestic and international porcelain teeth choice.